MCO 418 Study QuestionsCh 8 (Modernization and Printed Products)1.What are some of the industrialization advances of the nation between 1830s and 1900?
2. In what ways did newspapers starting in the late 19thcentury help early immigrantsassimilate in American society?
3. By the 1870s, the urbanization of U.S. society and shift in values saw the newspaper editor replace whom as the “conscious of the community”?
4. By 1870, what was the combined population of American cities?
5. What’s the newspaper legacy of Henry Grady and Scripps Howard?
6. Grady was one of the first reporters to use what news gathering technique?
7. How was lynching treated in the 19thcentury mainstream press?
8. Who was Ida B. Wells Barnett and what was her legacy?
9. The availability of photographs caused newspaper editors to ponder what ethical questions?Ch 9 Study Questions(Mass Markets and Mass Culture)
1. The rise of department storessuch as the notable New York City Wanamakerstore epitomized U.S. consumer culturethrough integration of what two other concepts besides visual display?
2.Department stores held a pre-eminent role in local U.S. advertising from the 1890suntil what decade?
3. Which of the six women’s magazines started in the last decades of the 19thcentury arestill publishing?
4. Publishedby Cyrus Curtis, what werethe origins of The Ladies Home Journaland The Saturday Evening Postand how were they characterized?
5. What was the first mass circulating American magazine to exceed 1million readersand when?
6. What’s the American journalism legacy of Joseph Pulitzer and William Randolph Hearst?
8. What are some of the exploits and stories that made Nelly Bly (Elizabeth Cochrane)famousas a reporter for The New York World?
9. Discuss the intense competition between Pulitzer and Hearst from the “Yellow Kid” to the Spanish-American War of 1898?
10.Why did Hearst go to Cuba as a foreign correspondent and for how long?
11. When did press clubs develop in America, what was their purpose, and why did they exclude women and African Americans?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more