Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation Instructions
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation Instructions For this assignment, you will create a professional-looking PowerPoint presentation on a topic of professional communication. To help put this in perspe
Just from $13/Page
For this assignment, you will create a professional-looking PowerPoint presentation on a topic of professional communication. To help put this in perspective, the scenario is that your supervisor has assigned you the task of presenting a 45 to 60-minute training session on some aspect of professional communication. You need to research your topic and prepare an engaging PowerPoint that would be used to guide your presentation.
The course textbook will be a great resource when looking for a topic that relates to some aspect of professional communication. Some examples of topics include (but are not limited to):
- How to be an Effective Verbal and Nonverbal Communicator;
- How to Give an Effective Presentation;
- Effective Communication Within Teams;
- Overcoming Communication Barriers
It is recommended that you pick a topic of interest and then do some research to make sure you can find 5 credible sources. Once you are certain you can locate five credible sources, begin creating your PowerPoint presentation.
I. Title Slide
- This will be the first slide of your PowerPoint (and is not considered a content slide).
- This slide will include the following: the title of your presentation; your full name; class name and section number; & your institution.
II. Content Slides
- A minimum of 15 content slides must be included.
- All content slides should contain speaker notes (which should be included in the “Click to add notes” section under each slide). Remember, a PowerPoint is meant to be an engaging visual aid that helps guide the presenter and the audience; it is not meant to be the presentation. Therefore, speaker notes served to expand up and offer further clarification regarding all the points on a slide.
III. Reference Slide
- This slide will be the last slide(s) of your PowerPoint(and is not considered a content slide).
- This slide will contain all used sources.
- Sources must be formatted according to current APA formatting guidelines.
- In addition to current APA formatting guidelines, the inclusion of thecomplete URL (sometimes called a permalink) is required for all full-text, peer-reviewed/scholarly articles retrieved from Liberty’s online library journal database. Note that this is not the same as the doi #. The URL must take your reader directly to the full text article withinLiberty’s online library journal database. If you’re unsure about the specific URL/link, you can copy the entire web address from the top of the browser’s address bar once you are viewing the full text article within Liberty’s online library journal database.
A minimum of 5 credible sources must be used within your presentation. Required, credible sources include:
- 4 full-text, peer-reviewed/scholarly articles retrieved from Liberty’s online library journal database.
- 2 of the above 4 full-text, peer-reviewed/scholarly articles must be within the last 7 years.
- the course textbook (as listed on the course syllabus).
You are able to include additional sources, other than the 5 credible sources listed above; however, they must be full-text articles retrieved from Liberty’s online library journal database.
Sources NOT acceptable for this assignment:
- No textbooks, other than the course textbook listed on the course syllabus, including e-books, may be used.
- No general Internet searching is acceptable. Therefore, no blogs, education sites, commercial sites, Wikipedia, About.com, editorials, abstracts, online books, book reviews, etc. are acceptable for this assignment.
V. Avoiding Plagiarism
- Create an original PowerPoint presentation; previously submitted work from this or another course is considered self-plagiarism and is prohibited.
- Provide citations for any:
- statement, idea, & thought (whether paraphrased or directly quoted) used from an outside source;
- table, data, image, etc. used from an outside source.
- All citations should be formatted according to current APA formatting guidelines and should directly follow the information used from an outside source.
- All sources used should be formatted according to current APA formatting guidelines on your reference slide(s).
VI. Other Requirements and Reminders:
- Must be created in Microsoft PowerPoint and uploaded through the assignment link as a .ppt or .pptx file.
- Appropriate and relevant images should be used.
- Individual slides and the overall design of your presentation must be professional and engaging.
- A running header or page #s are not required.
- An abstract is not required.
- A PowerPoint is meant to be an engaging visual aid that enhances and guides a presenter in a presentation; it is not meant to be the presentation.
- Look over the grading rubric for this assignment before you begin creating your PowerPoint.