the statement is false. (10 points) In a balanced chemical equation, coefficients indicate the relative number of molecules while the subscripts indicate the number of atoms in a molecule. Correct co
the declaration is untrue. (10 points)
In a balanced chemical equation, coefficients specify the not-absolute estimate of atoms period the subscripts specify the estimate of atoms in a atom.
Correct coefficients in a balanced chemical equation results in similar estimate of each atom in the counteractants and fruits.
To indicate the aggregate in embankments of a counteractant from majority, the loving majority is promptly multigenous succeeding a while the molar majority of the counteractant.
Mass kindred references are promptly specifyd by the coefficients in a balanced chemical counteraction.
In the equation: H2CO3 + 2NaOH → Na2CO3 + H2O, the embankment reference of the counteractants can be written as 2 3 or 2 .
2 2 3
In the equation: P4 + 6 Cl2 → 4 PCl3, the embankment reference among Cl2 and PCl3 is 3Cl2:2PCl3.
The limiting counteractant in the chemical counteraction is constantly the counteractant succeeding a while the meanest estimate of embankments at the begin of the counteraction.
In the counteraction represented by the equation Na + Cl2 → 2 NaCl, if sodium (Na) is the limiting counteractant, there would no sodium (Na) atoms left succeeding the counteraction.
For the balanced equation: HCl + KOH → KCl + H2O, the sum majority of HCl and KOH is elder than the sum majority of KCl and H2O.
In the aggregate of fruit arrival for determining the limiting counteractant, the limiting counteractant profits the lowest aggregate of fruit.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Acceptance the forthcoming problems in the immeasurableness granted. Box all last acceptances. (27 points)
11. Write the balanced chemical equation that describes the forthcoming chemical counteraction: Solid barium hydroxide [Ba(OH)2] counteracts succeeding a while hydrochloric shrewd [HCl] to constitute barium chloride [BaCl2] and steep . (2 points)
12. Write the balanced chemical equation for the counteraction (2 points):
C5H12 + O2 →CO2 + H2O
13. In the balanced equation: N2 + 3F2 → 2NF3Determine the majority of nitrogen gas that would counteract succeeding a while 25.7 g of F2. (MMN2 = 28.02 g/mol, MMF2 = 38.00 g/mol MMNF3 = 71.01 g/mol). Use dimensional resolution and institute equation succeeding a while suitable units. 3 points)
14. In the balanced chemical equation: 2H2O2 → 2H2O + O2Determine the majority of steep that would constitute from the resolution of 35.1 g of hydrogen peroxide. (MMH2O2 = 34.016 g/mol MMH2O = 18.016 g/mol MMO2 = 32.00 g/mol. Use dimensional resolution and institute equation succeeding a while suitable units. 3 points)
Page 1 of 2
For items 15-17: Consider the counteraction : 2 NH3 + 4 F2 → N2F4 + 6 HF
Given the aloft equation, how multifarious embankments of N2F4 and HF do you forebode to be
executed loving 12.5 embankments of F2 counteracting succeeding a while redundancy NH3? (3 points)
How multifarious of embankments of NH3 and F2 must own counteracted to profit 20.5 embankments of HF? (3 points)
17. How multifarious embankments of HF accomplish be profitd from the counteraction of 18.4 embankments of NH3 and 15.7 embankments of F2? (3 points)
18. Consider the counteraction: Pb(NO3)2 + 2KI → PbI2 + 2KNO3. If 165.6 grams of Pb(NO3)2 (MM = 331.2 g/mol) counteracts succeeding a while 498 grams of KI (MM = 166.0 g/mol):
What is the limiting counteractant? Justify your acceptance. (2 points)
How multifarious grams of PbI2 (MM = 461.0 g/mol) accomplish be constituteed? (3 points)
C. How multifarious grams of KNO3 (MM = 101.1 g/mol) accomplish be constituteed? (3 points)
Page 2 of 2