Search the Internet for groups and organizations promoting racial equality to help you complete this assignment.
Using the information from the text and your web search:
Identify one racial group from the list below:
· African American
· Asian American
· Middle Eastern American
· Hispanic American/Latino
· Native American
Write a 750- to 1,050-word paper from one of the perspectives below:
· A historian writing about the racial group in a book chapter
· A news reporter writing a newspaper article or blog entry about the racial group
· An individual member of the racial group, writing a personal letter to a friend who is not a member of that racial group
Answer the following questions:
· What have been the experiences of this racial group throughout U.S. history?
· What have been the political, social, and cultural issues and concerns throughout American history?
· What legislation meant to constrain race within prejudicial boundaries was enacted? How did the various groups you researched fight this legislation?
· What legislation meant to alleviate prejudicial boundaries has been enacted? How did the various groups you researched promote this legislation?