Nurse’s Touch: Wellness Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
1. Which of the following aspects of the care of this client and his family exemplifies primary prevention?
2. Which of the following aspects of the care of this client and his family exemplifies secondary prevention?
3. Which of the following aspects of the care of this client and his family exemplifies tertiary prevention?
4. Which of the following clinical manifestations is a common systemic side effect of receiving an influenza immunization?
5. When the nurse responds to the client’s report about his son contributing to the family’s support with the statement, “ It is not easy to handle that on your own,” she illustrates the therapeutic communication technique of:
1. A nurse has made a commitment to change his eating habits to optimize his health and wellness. He researches various dietary plans and narrows his choices to those that minimizes the effect of lifestyle barriers like eating quickly at work. Which stage of the Transtheorectical Model is he in?
2. A nurse is giving a series of workshops about health and wellness to a group of older adults at a community center. Which of the following statements from the attendees demonstrate that they understood what the nurse explained about the concept of Health? (select all that apply)
3. A nurse is caring for a client who has a long history of abuse of alcohol and opioid analgesics. When counseling this client about the adverse effects of substance abuse the nurse should explain that these patterns reduce the oxygenation of as tissues and organs because they cause….
4. A nurse is giving a presentation about health promotion and disease prevention to a group of young adults at a community college which of the following instructions should the nurse include?
5. A nurse is caring for a client who is immobile. Which of the following actions should she perform when repositioning the client to avoid injuring her own musculoskeletal system?
6. A nurse can communicate well, manage time effectively, weigh options and consequences, and learn from mistakes. The nurse is demonstrating Wellness in which of the following dimensions of Health?
7. A nurse is caring for a client in an ambulatory Clinic who attended a blood pressure screening event and the Stress Management lecture at a community Fair. His blood pressure was 150 /94 mm Hg at the event, so he saw provider at the clinic and begin therapy with a beta blocker. Soon after, the client had a mild myocardial infarction, after discharge from the hospital, enrolled in a program of cardiac Rehabilitation. Which of the following activities of this client is an example of primary prevention?
8. The World Health Organization’s (WHO) definition of health promotion focuses on the concept of
9. A nurse is counseling a client who says that she attends a book club in her neighborhood regularly. She says it troubles her that no one engages in the discussion with her. Applying Maslow’s hierarchy of needs to this client this client needs falls into which of the following levels?
10. A nurse is giving a presentation to a group of nursing students about distinguishing health promotion and disease prevention activities. Which of the following actions should the nurse include as a specific disease prevention activity? (select all that apply)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more