Quelch, John and Katherine Jocz (2010). “Google in China (A),” HBS 9-510-071.
The maximum length for the case analysis assignments is 600 -700 words of text, so don’t waste words on summarizing. Please submit your assignment as a word document. In addition, you can include a ma
The maximum length for the case analysis assignments is 600 -700 words of text, so don’t waste words on summarizing. Please submit your assignment as a word document. In addition, you can include a maximum of four exhibits (i.e. graphs, charts, data tables, etc.) to support your analysis. When you use exhibits, please refer to them and explain them in the text.
Here are some important guidelines for your written case analysis:
(1) You should not conduct outside research for the case analysis. In fact, you should pretend that you are facing exactly the same situation and information presented in the case.
(2) Think of your case analysis as a consulting assignment that you are performing for the case firm. Thus, your audience for the case analysis is your client (an executive in the case firm) and your analysis should take the form of an executive briefing. Think about who your client is and what he/she would like to see in your report. The analysis must be written in a professional manner.
(3) Do not summarize the case unless the question specifically asks for it. The audience (your client) is very familiar with the situation and requires further analysis that goes beyond the information presented in the case. Plus, you only have 600-700 words max and need to be concise.
(4) Focus and organize your analysis.
(5) The best structure for your case analyses depends on the particular issues raised in the case that you analyze. The assignment questions for each case are a useful starting point for your analysis.
Questions to answer :
a. Why did Google issue the statement of January 12?
b. Who were the major stakeholders in the Google vs. China case? How did their actions/ inactions influence Google and Chinese government’s calculation?
c. If you were directing Google’s action in China, would you have done anything differently?
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.