Homework Assignment – Chapter 1
1) Work on the assignments in frequent, short study sessions, 20 – 30 minutes each.
2) Do some problems every day
3) Treat the text like you would a cookbook –
a) Read completely through a section of the book
b) Go back and closely examine a few of the example problems
c) Try a few assigned problems, checking for correct answers each problem
d) Refer back to the text if you are unsure of what you should be doing or if you are frequently incorrect.
4) If you get frustrated, STOP!
a) Take a break and get your mind off math for a while. Reward yourself for having displayed discipline and fortitude with something nice like chocolate, a relaxing hot bath, playtime with your kids, watching TV, etc.
b) When you return to continue, first do some problems from a previous section that you do well to restore your confidence, then begin again with the problem you left off with.
Algebra Homework Problems from the textbook will be collected and stored in individual folders. These assignments will be checked for effort only (completeness, neatness and organization) — we are not able to check all textbook problems for correct solutions (most problems have answers listed in the back of the book). Many of the problems on quizzes and exams will be problems taken from these assignments.
2) Write the chapter/section number and the title of the section at the beginning of the assignment (i.e 3.4 Translating Words into Algebraic Expressions).
3) Each section of problems in a problem set is usually preceded by some instructions in italics (i.e. List the terms of the following expressions). Write these instructions down before you begin to do the problems.
4) Unless it is a lengthy word problem, copy the problem completely. Check for accuracy before you begin to think about doing the work.
5) Show as much work as possible as you do the problem.
6) If you do not know how to begin, or you get stuck in the middle of the problem, look in the section of the text you are working in and try to find a similar example.
7) You can check answers in the back of the book to see if you are correct—but only after completing several problems first! We will discuss “checking your own work” throughout the semester.
8) If you complete a problem and then you did not arrive at the correct answer, do not erase! Simply draw a large “X” through the incorrect work and start the problem over again (see #4, above). This will allow you to compare your second attempt with the first and allow you to learn from mistakes. You cannot learn from mistakes if you erase them.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more