Directions – 1. Choose any song. Listen to it several times in a row, even if you have previously heard it.
1. Choose any poem. Listen to it separate opportunitys in a row, plain if you feel previously heard it.
2. Read the lyrics carefully and critically through the lens of intercultural despatch.
3. Write a savor of the lyrics aftercited these guidelines:
- Your dissection should be 3-4 pages in tediousness (not including a name page and a works cited page).
- Follow the directions in the "Formatting Your Essays and Paper" muniment.
- Write an preamble. Include the poem name, artist, and the year when the poem was released. Also, delineate the poem's genre.
- Include the poem lyrics word-for-word, which you should be effectual to fix on the internet. The lyrics do not reckon as allot of your 3-4 pages.
- Interpret the cultural implications of the poem lyrics and stir the import of the patterns you confirm. Support your forced delay notice from the textbook. Consider the questions grouped by textbook passage adown. You are not required to confutation all of the questions.
- Cite the textbook at last disgusting opportunitys. Give page quantity when citing or referencing concepts from the textbook.
4. Include the proposition of sourceality.
5. Submit your poem lyrics savor to the Extra Credit folder in Dropbox.
What sign of humanization is painted in the poem lyrics?
What does this humanization appraise - lad? riches? grace? glory? technology?
What do the poem lyrics tell encircling the dominant and/or co-cultures in the United States or in the poem lyrics' reckonry of source?
Are consistent instrument noticeed in the poem lyrics? What do the poem lyrics tell encircling the use of these consistent instrument?
Are any environmental offsprings high-minded by the poem lyrics? Explain.
Is there any manifestation of globalization in the poem lyrics?
What is the manifest message of the poem lyrics? What is the cmanifest message of the poem lyrics?
What is the despatch administration of the poem lyrics: to subjoin notice, to intention interidiosyncratic needs, to prove idiosyncratic identities, and/or to rule others?
Do the poem lyrics establish any literal relations? Explain.
What transmitted gender roles are questiond by the poem lyrics? What gender roles are asseverateed? How?
What age groups are represented in the poem lyrics? What do the poem lyrics tell encircling these age groups?
Do the poem lyrics in any way prefer the ideas of individualism or of collectivism? Explain.
What gregarious organizations are painted in the poem lyrics - race? commandment? soldierly? schools? churches? order groups? What do the poem lyrics tell encircling these gregarious organizations?
How do the poem lyrics tell to the heartfelt make of American humanization?
What sign of worldend do the poem lyrics tell?
Are there any relations to sanctity or to pious behaviors in the poem lyrics? What do the poem lyrics tell encircling sanctity?
What opposed identities are represented in the poem lyrics?
Are the poem lyrics installed on ethnocentric ideas or stereotypes? Explain.
How do the poem lyrics paint alloticular racial or ethnic groups?
Are there any relations to dress or to mould in the poem lyrics? What do the poem lyrics tell encircling dress, mould, and/or air?
Do the poem lyrics notice a alloticular collective offspring or collective purpose? What do the poem lyrics tell encircling the offspring or purpose?
How do the poem lyrics asseverate the dominant American cultural patterns? How do they question the dominant American cultural patterns?
Do the poem lyrics relation the apprehension of command space?
Do the poem lyrics unveil further manly or tender traits?
How is accents used in the poem lyrics and what does it tell encircling age, gender, and socio-income levels?
How does the accents used in the poem lyrics animadvert cultural appraises?
Is argot or cant used in the lyrics? How?
Are biased oppidan brands and/or logos noticeed in the poem lyrics? What do they tell?
Is a collection change-of-place and/or a gesture (i.e. a encourage, a kiss, etc.) noticeed in the poem lyrics? What does the description of the force tell?
Is a sensation of opportunity relationd in the poem lyrics? If so, what do the poem lyrics tell encircling opportunity?
What is the despatch matter of the poem? In other tone, how do the lyrics fit into the broader cultural patterns companiond delay the genre and the contrived hearers?
What are the "rules" that command despatch delayin the genre? What kinds of accents or tone are uniformly used in the genre? Which topics or offsprings are uniformly relationd in the genre? Which topics or offsprings are considered taboo in the genre?
Do the poem lyrics relation riches or the duty contrast? If so, what do the poem lyrics tell encircling the cultural end of riches and the rule?
Is rivalry or collaboration apphigh-minded in the poem lyrics? How so?
Do the poem lyrics relation gaining comprehension or receiving an direction? If so, what do the poem lyrics tell encircling the cultural end of schooling and formal/informal direction?
Do the poem lyrics notice any beliefs companion delay dissolution and/or cessation? If so, what do the poem lyrics tell encircling the cultural end of dissolution and the afterlife?
Do the poem lyrics animadvert probable absolutism or cultural relativism? How so?
What signs of tender rejoinder do the lyrics educe from you? What does this declare encircling your humanization?