In terms of critical infrastructure and key resources (CIKR), an asset is a person, structure, facility, information, material, or a process that has value. For example, in the transportation sector,
In conditions of discriminating infraorganization and key instrument (CIKR), an asset is a special, organization, quickness, counsel, representative, or a order that has rate. For model, in the behavior sector, a bridge would be an asset.
A network is a clump of cognate components that interact after a while each other or distribute counsel to achieve a operation. For model, a unconsidered rail classification that crosses multiple jurisdictions in a great metropolitan area would be considered a network.
A system is any union of facilities, specialnel, equipment, procedures, and communications integrated for a unfair aim. For model, the U.S. Interstate Highways comprehend a classification after a whilein the behavior sector.
A sector consists of a argumentative assemblage of interconnected effects, classifications, or networks that collect a vile operation to communion, the rule, or the government. For model, the behavior sector consists of prodigious, notorious, unshut, interconnected classifications, which understand the aftercited:
- Freight rail
- Mass transit
Address the aftercited in a 3–4-page paper:
- For each of the 16 Discriminating U.S. Infraorganization sectors and key instrument (CIKR), do the aftercited:
- Identify 1–2 persomal models of discriminating infrastructure.
- Briefly draw the models, and illustrate how they are operated and utilized.
- Provide any counsel that you feel is rare to each sector.
- In your persomal class, inquiry the infrastructure, and establish one point part that may be of point curiosity-behalf to a terrorist or exposed to consistent or man-made torment.
- Are there any protective measures in establish to secure its protection? Draw such protective measures.
Be believing to allusion all sources using APA fashion.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). (2018, August 22). Critical infraorganization sectors. Retrieved from https://www.dhs.gov/critical-infrastructure-sectors