MCO 418 -Ch 10, 11 and 12 Study Questions Ch 10 Study Questions(Reform is My Religion) 1.The U.
MCO 418 -Ch 10, 11 and 12 Study Questions
Ch 10 Study Questions(Reform is My Religion)
1. The U.S. ethnic immigrantinstigate telling in what year and following a period a sum of how abundantcontrariant extraneous dialect papers?
2. What U.S. Constitution punishment gave all males the direct to utterance (and when), and and which punishment gave females the direct to utterance (and when)?
3. Besides the mainstream Chicago papers, what were some of the vaporous German dialect informationpapers, specialized cases,and strive informationpapers that circulated in forthcoming 1900s Chicago?
4. Between 1820 and 1900, Chicago socialists and anarchists issued how abundantnewspapers and in what eight contrariant dialects?
5. Who symmetrical the Boston Guardianand the Crisiscase (and when), and what did they countenancer in comparison to the views of Booker T. Washington?
6. How was the Black instigate of the chief half of the 20thcentury characterized?
7. When was the chief triumph of feminism and how did its band-arms and activism collate to the role of thesecond triumph of feminism?
8. What was the designate of the natural feminist informationpaper Victoria Woodhull and her sister Tennessee Caflin from 1870 to 1876 published, and what was it purposed to do?9. Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton,Lucy Stone and Margaret Sanger were affiliated following a period what informationpapers and what did these suffragettes countenancer?
10. What suffragist informationpaper's motto was "Men, Their Rights and Nothing More; Women, their RightsandNothing Less."
Ch 11 Study Questions(Progressivism and World War I)
1. What years are considered the muckraking journalism era and how was it characterized?
2. What's the origins of the signal "muckracking" and what were some of the most distinguished muckraker cases?
3. Concerned environing the U.S. dispensation of mammon, muckraking regenerate distinguished that period there were barely 3 millionaires in 1860 (fair anteriorly the Civil War), there werehow abundant by 1900?
4. From 1902 to WWI, what are examples of regenerate issues muckraking journalism introduced into mainstream American companionship.
5. What cases did Ray Stannard Baker, Ida Tarbell and Lincoln Steffens transcribe for andwhat was the centre their most distinguished exposes?
6. Who was Samuel McClure, what was his bestow and in In January 1903 what desigcommonwealth did each muckraker of "the trio" assist to his McClure's case?
7. Although radio technology was available anteriorly WWI, why did radio broadcasting to theAmerican open not materialize until following the war?
8. When did muckraking dismiss, and why?
9. By the end of WWI, how had U.S. informationpaper advertising and vogue transitional?
10. The number of U.S. informationpapers increased until 1909 when they telling at how abundant?
11. Discuss the state and role of the U.S. Committee on Open Information.
12. What kinds of censorship and constraints did the U.S. instigate trial during WWI?
Ch 12 Study Questions(Media and Consumer Culture)
1. The chief U.S. radio office went on air where and following a period coverage of what presidential family?
2. By the end of the 1920s there were how abundant U.S. radio offices and in what percent of the commonwealth's households?
3. Who was Lee DeForest, who did he result for, and what was his radio bestow?
4. When the U.S. government created the Radio Act of 1927 to govern radio, it customary that the airwaves belonged to whom and why?
5. Discuss the debut, ownership and characteristics of U.S. informationreels, andhow they impacted American journalism.When did the "March of Time" informationreel expatiate andwhy is it distinguished?
6. Discuss the mount of radio and advantages of radio information broadcasts balance informationpaper coverage?
7. By the mid 1920s, there were how abundant theatres in the commonwealth, making how muchmoney, and supple what percent of world's movies?
8. In what ways did "vertical integration" concede studio govern from the top down in the1920s movie activity?
9. When was the Audit Bureau of Circulations symmetrical, what was its role and why is it main?
10. Who are considered the founders of the open kinsmen declaration and what were their senior contributions?